1. The Olympics are over - this means two things: I get to go to bed earlier, and don't feel as guilty eating these while watching insane athletes and their insane abs.
2. But in all seriousness, I am kinda sad the Olympics are over. They are such an inspiration to see how far you can train and push your body. I think my favorite part throughout the games was learning about each athlete and their story - losing legs, being shot, overcoming obstacles and still competing. The human spirit is totally amazing.
3. And of course, the Spice Girls at the closing ceremonies. They killed it. I was 10 again dancing in my living room. And ELO was pretty awesome. And the video of John Lennon singing. Actually I LOVED the entire closing cermonies (except the dude from Oasis singing - you were terrible).
4. I made these this weekend, and they were soooo yummy and sooo easy, you should make them too.
5. This article makes my blood boil. This writer describes why a 23-year-old shouldn't be hired for your company's social media because they are 23 - young, immature and inexperienced. I know several 23-year-olds and myself for that matter at 26 who are much more mature and savvy than 35 year-olds. The author's generalization and stereotyping is shocking to me. My co-blogette Lauren at MadGirlPR.com wrote a fabulous rebuttle. Click here for that.
6. I was twins at work with my co-worker Kara today!
7. Louie was a little chilly this weekend, and so he donned his hoodie most of Saturday. My in-laws came and brought delicious ribs and corn, and Tim made my favorite orzo pasta salad - recipe courtsey of madcitygirl.com.
8. Running this weekend went REALLY well - Jill and I ran 14.22 miles - I had mapped 15 but something was off on my garmin. Friends Ryan and Angie joined us at mile 9 too, which was great! Beautiful day, cooler temperatures, and an ice coffee and doughnut from the farmer's market at the finish line was a perfect ending.
9. That being said, Tim didn't get his miles in Saturday morning because he was sick all Friday night into Saturday morning - he thinks he ate something bad. So on Sunday, I biked with him on his 15 miler to keep him company. We ran on the Ice Age Trail and then the Military Ridge Trail - it was beautiful!
10. And with those experiences this weekend, I'm definitely signing up for the Haunted Hustle full marathon. It will be a little trickier with training, since we'll be running 20 miles in New York, and then running in London, Paris, Innsbruck and Munich - but kinda cool, since we get to run in new cities and explore new areas.
11. Puppies + Babies = CUTENESS EXPLOSION. Seriously. Love him.