this came across my twitter feed from @Cooking_Light, and it sounded so fresh to me, I had to try it out. It turned out so good, I wanted to share! I love fresh Mexican food, and this recipe is so healthy with no cheese and lots of good veggies! I used a Mexican Chili Powder, and bought Broccoli Slaw at the grocery store. I also added strips of red pepper to give it a little more color!
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3/4 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 ripe peeled avocado, diced
- 2 cups packaged angel hair slaw
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with chile powder, garlic salt, and cumin. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove chicken from pan.
3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon juice, slaw, onions, cilantro, oil, and salt, tossing to coat.
4. Heat tortillas according to directions. Divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas. Top each tortilla with about 1 tablespoon avocado mixture and 1/4 cup slaw mixture.
You can find the recipe here: ancho chicken tacos with cilantro slaw and avocado cream
My Tester Approved of this dinner.